Thursday 27 August 2015

What's Hot Wednesday - Week Three

This is it, the final What's Hot Wednesday. Feels like it only just begun.......... Probably because it only begun 2 weeks ago.


As the Fringe Festival finishes on Monday, I'll instead do an overall Top 5, probably on the Tuesday - Top 5 Tuesday, yeah that works.


Back to the present. This week I saw 14 shows, a respectable amount considering I've been trying to volunteer as much as I can with Forest Fringe, but could have been better. Of those 14 shows, here are my top 5:


5. Blind Cinema (Edinburgh International Festival Filmhouse)
4. Oog (Dancebase)
3. Felicity Ward: What If There's No Toilet (Pleasance Courtyard)
2. Cleansed (C Nova)

AND NUMBER ONE.......................
..................................
....................
.........

1. 64 Squares (Underbelly Cowgate) 

I knew as I was watching 64 Squares that it had to take that top spot. It was just so perfectly constructed and executed while simultaneously being completely engrossing and entertaining. It was something special. 

Spring Awakening just missed out. I gave it to Blind Cinema for its innovation.

I said this post would be short. The time for bed is imminent as it's another (subjectively) early shift for me tomorrow. 

G'night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment